What Does the Light On My Dashboard Mean?
You always want to ensure your new or used vehicle is at its peak performance no matter if you’re around New Orleans or far from home. One of the easiest ways to do so is with your vehicle’s dashboard warning lights. With so many symbols to make sense of, you’ve most likely asked yourself, “What does the light on my dashboard mean?” All of your dashboard lights serve important functions and are essential in communicating the health and condition of your vehicle. Get a closer look at what common dashboard warning lights mean and count on the service experts at Ray Brandt INFINITI of Metairie to get you back on %%target-city_2%% roads in no time!
Common Dashboard Warning Lights and Meanings
While your dashboard warning lights may at first appear like a bunch of incoherent symbols, you’ve already got a head start as you can easily decipher what your check engine, battery charge, and oil pressure warning lights will look like and indicate when you’re on Mandeville roads. However, there are many other dashboard warning lights that offer vital information on how your vehicle is operating and whether it needs immediate attention. Here’s a breakdown of some of the many dashboard warning lights and their meanings so you can ensure your vehicle is always running smoothly below:
Engine Warning Lights:
- Coolant Temp Warning – When your coolant levels are off, your fan isn’t working properly, or if the coolant is leaking, this light will come on.
- Service Vehicle – Usually this light comes on when an electrical issue occurs.
- Reduced Power Warning – If you see this, you need to have the engine serviced, as there’s some part of it that’s malfunctioning.
- Cruise Control – When you use cruise control, this light will stay illuminated as long as the system is on.
Brake System Warning Lights:
- Brake System – This light means there’s an issue with your brakes, such as the brake fluid is too low or there’s an ABS problem.
- Traction Control or ESP – This light means your vehicle’s electronic stability system is being utilized.
Safety & Informative Warning Lights:
- Security Alert – If your ignition switch is locked, or a door is left ajar, this light will indicate either the tech malfunction or alert you of the open door.
- Fog Lamp – This reminds you when you have your brights on.
- Airbag Fault – Normally, this light appears once the car has been started to indicate there’s a fault in the airbag system, and you’ll need to bring your vehicle in for a repair.
- Washer Fluid Reminder – This simply means your washer fluid is low and needs to be replaced.
Tires Warning Lights:
Tire Pressure Warning Light – The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) has detected that one or more of your tires has a tire pressure rating that’s too low or too high. You should have your tires’ PSI adjusted to the recommended levels as soon as possible to avoid complications.
Learn More About Dashboard Warning Lights at Ray Brandt INFINITI of Metairie
Now that you know more about what common dashboard warning lights mean on your vehicle, you can easily know when it’s operating in top form on Kenner, and when you need to bring it in for some maintenance. Learn more about how to best care for your vehicle at Ray Brandt INFINITI of Metairie with more helpful service tips and tricks, and save on your next visit with our rotating service and parts specials. Contact us today for more information on your dashboard warning lights and schedule your next appointment at our service center right here in Metairie!
0 comment(s) so far on What Does the Light On My Dashboard Mean?